Mullarkey Pedersen Architects, as part of an ongoing appointment with Dublin City University, were commissioned as Grade 1 Conservation Architects to consult on the services upgrade of a number of buildings on the historic DCU All Hallows Campus. This included the impressive College Chapel which was completed circa 1897 and designed by renowned architect J.J. McCarthy.
The college chapel underwent a full electrical upgrade to incorporate fire detection and security alarm systems, an upgraded PA system, data points and consolidated power outlets. Existing decorative fixtures were refurbished and rewired.
Careful consideration and planning was required during both the design and construction phases to ensure the successful integration of these systems whilst minimising the impact on the historic fabric and aesthetic.
Below are images of the recently completed works.